The Hidden Ingredient in Nut Milks That Causes Gut Health Issues
Could Carrageenan Be Disrupting Your Gut Health?
You may have never heard of this food additive, but chances are you are probably consuming it in many everyday products you eat. You can find it in many natural food products like:
- Cashew Milk
- Almond Milk
- Coconut Milk
- Non-dairy ice creams, yogurts, and cheeses
- Rice Milk
- Deli meats
- Coconut water
- Packaged foods like dips, snacks, and pizzas
1 cup almonds (soaked overnight in fridge)
3 ½ cups filtered water
- Drain overnight water from almonds and place into a blender with 3 ½ cups filtered water. Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Strain almond milk from pulp into a pitcher using a strainer or cheesecloth.
- Stir in maple syrup (optional). Cover and refrigerate. Enjoy within one week.