We’re excited to you have as a participant in the June 2017 BBC!
Here’s what we have on tap for week 1.
For the first week of the program we have a few modest goals:
- Sign up for the Program Portal
- Complete the Goal exercise in the Program Portal
- Set up your Fitbit account if you don’t currently have one
- Friend Laura in the Fitbit community so she can start seeing your activity and food intake
- Complete your measurements and blood work
- Set up time with Laura
1. Go to heritagelifefit.com
2. You should be taken to the following page:
3. Register on our Program Portal using your email address or your existing Facebook account. If you already logged into Facebook on another tab in your browser, using the Facebook login button (see the blue button on the registration screen) should automatically set up an account for you on our Program Portal.
4. Once you are registered, you’ll go to the following page:
5. Click on the box that says Goals and take 15 to 20 minutes answering the questions there.
6. Once you’ve completed your Goals, click the Book An Appointment button at the top of the page. You’ll be taken to the following page:
7. Click on a calendar date and pick one of the available times for that day that shows up under the calendar and click Book Now. You’ll get a confirmation email once you pick a date and time. I’ll email you before our session to coordinate logistics.
8. Be sure to have your Goals filled out before our sessions so that we’ll be able to have the most productive session possible!
Now, let’s get you set up on Fitbit!
So that we can help you meet your goals, we’d love for you to share your Fitbit information with us. This information is data captured by your device and information you log on the Fitbit.com user site or mobile app. Mostly we’d love to better understand your activity levels, sleep habits (if you device supports it), and food intake. With regard to food intake, we’d like for you to log your food everyday. Waiting a day or so isn’t a good idea because we often forget what we’ve eaten. So, please try to log your food daily. Remember, you can use the mobile version of Fitbit to even conveniently log your food as you go through the day.
So, when it comes to sharing your Fitbit information with me, please follow the instruction here:
1. First, instructions on how to “friend” me in the Fitbit community:
2. Second, how to share information with me:
3. You can find me in the Fitbit community at:
But Laura, I DON’T HAVE A FITBIT!!!
We’re going to try to standardize around Fitbit so that we can monitor everyone’s activity. I know some folks have other trackers or maybe no tracker at all. If you don’t have a tracker, don’t worry. You can still use Fitbit’s food log and activity tracker.
Here’s how you can use the Fitbit.com site and functionality without having a Fitbit device:
4. Now, if you have a Fitbit, you can friend me so that you can share the information you want with me—mostly activity, sleep (if your Fitbit supports it), and food. I’ll send out information on how to share your Fitbit with me separately. You can find me in the Fitbit community at: https://www.fitbit.com/user/4KQT94
Thanks. Phew! That’s a lot of homework, but we’ll get through it!!!