These are my top 10 ways to start getting healthy today. Many of these are the exact same steps I took when I first started my nutrition journey..
1. The first step I ever took was just deciding to not eat fast food or convenience foods anymore! That’s it for one whole year; that’s the only change I made!
2. Buy a cookbook! Learn and try to make new delicious recipes.
3. No more hydrogenated oils in anything I eat!
4. Replace processed/packaged food with more whole (REAL) foods. Ex: vegetables, nuts, chicken, apple, etc. Instead of fake crap!
5. Introduce salads weekly, increasingly. You can get so creative with different styles of salad that it never gets boring!
6. Cook more at home! Then bring packed lunches or healthy snacks with you wherever you go.
7. Variety! Try new vegetables or fruits. And many different colors!
8. Go to a farmers market. It’s cheaper; the food is fresher and taste much better. And also contains much more nutrients since it doesn’t have to travel as much distance. Foods lose nutrients over time and sometimes they even spray chemicals to preserve the foods while being transported. Moreover, the farmer can help teach you how to prepare vegetables the best ways.
9. Drink more water. Add lemon slices or cucumbers and mint to mix it up. Also drink more tea, Especially green tea!
10. Find other people that are interested in the same stuff so you can talk about these topics together and support one another.